The Milwaukee Bucks traded Jrue Holiday to the Boston Celtics in a blockbuster deal on Wednesday, and the move has sent shockwaves through the NBA.
The Celtics are now considered the favorites to win the championship, while the Bucks are weakened by the loss of Holiday. The Blazers, meanwhile, got a good haul of assets in return for Lillard.
Here is a look at the winners and losers of the trade:
- Boston Celtics: The Celtics are now the clear favorites to win the championship. They have added a dynamic playmaker and defender in Holiday, and they have a deep and talented roster.
- New Orleans Pelicans: The Pelicans got a good haul of assets in return for Holiday, including two first-round picks and Eric Bledsoe. They are now in a good position to rebuild.
- Jrue Holiday: Holiday is going to a winning situation in Boston. He will be playing with a talented roster and he will have a chance to win a championship.
- Milwaukee Bucks: The Bucks have lost one of their best players in Holiday. They are still a contender, but they are not as good as they were before the trade.
- Portland Trail Blazers: The Blazers have lost their franchise player in Lillard. They are now in a rebuilding mode.
Overall, the trade is a good one for the Celtics and Pelicans. The Bucks and Blazers are the losers in the deal.